The IST2018 Symposium will be held on 17-19 December 2018 in Tehran, Iran, and is sponsored by ministry of ICT. The conference provides an attractive Industry Forum & Exhibition Program, which features Keynote Speeches, Industry Panels, Industry Demos and Exhibits. Therefore, the Technical Program Committee of IST2018 solicits proposals as follows:
Industry panels are an important component of IST 2018, which bring together industry and researchers from around the world, for an interactive discussion on a specific topic among panel speakers and the audience. Panels provide opportunities for the practicing professionals to both share and learn about the latest ideas, trends, and products and innovations of particular interest to industry in communications and networking.
Industry panel sessions are 90-minute moderated discussions, which are scheduled from Wednesday 18 December to Thursday 19 December, 2018. A panel submission must include:
- A Panel Organizer with a commitment to arrange the specific topic of interest;
- 4 Panelists with a commitment to join in under the specific topic.
Before the submission of a panel proposal, it is expected that the Panel Organizer contacts all the envisaged Panelists in order to get their agreement for serving on the panel. The Panel Organizer will serve as moderator during the panel.
The following structure is supposed to be taken for the panels. The panel should not have more than 4 participants, plus the moderator. The organizer/chair has to establish a few questions to be addressed by the participants. The chair gives a presentation up to 10 minutes at the beginning of the panel, to introduce the topic. Participants should address the questions posed, in a presentation up to 10 minutes each (very strict time control!). Basically, the presentation should have 6 slides, i.e., the cover slide plus one per question. With this scheme, there will be enough time for discussion in the panel (which is the main goal of a panel).
The panel proposal should include:
- Title for the proposed panel
- Name, affiliation, contact information, and short biography of the Panel Organizer
- Motivation and background for the panel, indicating topics to be discussed as well.
- Names, affiliations, and short biography of the Panelists intended to invite.
Interested Panel Organizers should submit their proposals, using the template, to the Technical Program Committee by symposium email as a PDF file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or going through the following link:
Industry Panel Proposal Deadline:
18 November 2018 12 Sep 2018 (Extended)
Acceptance notification: 17 October 2018
Particularly, IST 2018 program seeks submissions and proposals for-original industry related contributions that address but are not limited to, the following topics:
- 5G New Radio (NR): design and development strategies for the new 5G radio.
- Big Data: Discussing about the required legal or technical platform in big data application.
- Block chain: Issues and challenges of Block chain both financially and technically.
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities: Concepts and designs in IoT enabling communication technologies. Experimental results from testing and deployment scenario.
Industry Demos / Exhibition proposal
Industry Demos are hardware and/or software demonstrations that are meant to showcase new and innovative technologies. Demonstrations will be scheduled from Tuesday 17 December to Thursday 19 December, 2018.
To broaden the diversity of the conference, there is an integrated exhibition area close to coffee breaks, technical and poster sessions. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your company as well as engage with other scientists from industry and academia. In addition to provide the best possible benefit, the exhibition area will be grouped by topic.
Each booth is equipped with a power supply. Any furniture or additional equipment is subject to additional fees. Placement of the exhibition booth is determined by conference organizers. The costs of the booths will be announced soon.
Each demonstration proposal must include:
- Title for the proposed demonstration
- Name, affiliation, contact information, and short biography of the Organizer
- Motivation and background, objective, and description of the demos/exhibits, emphasizing its timeliness.
Interested Demos and Exhibits Organizers should submit their proposals, using the templates for startup demo and exhibition proposal to the Technical Program Committee by email as a PDF file attachment to email@example.com or going through the following links:
Industry Demos/ Exhibition Proposal Deadline: :
18 August 2018 12 Sep 2018 (Extended)
Acceptance Notification: 17 October 2018