It is widely known that development of ICT in a country has a considerable impact on its national development. ICT industry has developed hardware, software and services that are used in many aspects of our daily life. Development of ICT industry in a country has a direct impact on many aspects of that country society such as its financial, technological, cultural and educational development. Therefore, it is important to focus on ICT industry as a key important industry which should be carefully managed and developed in each country to obtain the desired benefits.
ICT industry is composed of many key players that interact with each other to create the national and international ecosystem needed to create and develop the desired systems and services for the society. Some of the key players of this eco system are:
- Governments and regulatory agencies
- Telecommunication service providers
- Content and value-added service providers
- Software developers
- Equipment manufacturers
- System integrators
- Universities and research centers
Sustainable development of ICT industry in Iran depends on strong growth in the power and potential of each of these players. At the same time, balanced and efficient interaction and collaboration of these key players is a crucial factor that determines the quality of the operation in this sector and its outcome for the society.
A complete view of the current state of our ICT industry in Iran should include a detailed review and analysis of these players in a national and international level. In this panel, we focus our discussion on Iranian national key players that shape the future of Iranian ICT industry.
The objective of this panel discussion is to focus on some key important questions:
- What are the growth opportunities in each of these players that can empower the ICT industry as a whole?
- What are the important risk factors that can negatively affect the operation of each player and the development of the national ICT industry?
- What are the recommended actions that can be used and applied in each of these areas to benefit the national ICT industry?
- To increase the development and growth of our national ICT industry ecosystem, what can be recommended to facilitate and enhance the interaction of these players.
- Mohammad-Reza Pakravan - Sharif university of technology
- Ali Fotowat-Ahmadi - Sharif University of technology
- Nasrollah Jahangard - ICT Deputy Minister for Technology and Innovation - Deputy of ICT ministry
- Sameer Sharma- ITU senior advisor
- Hamid Reza Nikoofar – Deputy of Mobile Company of Iran (MCI)
- Faramarz Rastegar – Head of Telecommunication syndicate
- Rouholah Rahmani – Deputy of Innovation Digikala
- Kamal Mohamedpour - Dept. of Electrical Engineering, K.N.Toosi University of Technology